There are 2 mobile network service providers in Qatar. Oordo and Vodaphone. Recently only Oorado got an opponent and it revolutionized the total system. International call rates reduced first by newly launched Voda phone as a launching offer, since they know that foreign people are majority here and they played logically and later Oorado also reduced rate, So now Qatar is witnessing a tough competition in between this 2 service providers and it is DEFINITELY goanna help the customers to get better service options in low rates. And also due to both service providers healthy competition illegal net based international telephoning has be restricted up to a level.
NB: Necessary requirements to take connection in Qatar: QATAR VALID ID CARD (passport proof is not valid)
1: OOORDO(BEFORE QTEL):
It is the biggest public telephone company in Qatar.
- Signal strength is good as it is the pioneer here.
- 3g is available wide.
- 4g is under construction.EVEN 5G.
- Optic fiber cabling is on going
- Wide variety monthly rent wireless and wired broad band net connections are available.
- Call rates are bit expensive comparing to voda phone.
2: VODA PHONE:
British based company.
- Call rates are cheap compared to Oorado.
- Single strength is still a problem.
- 3 is not available every where.