Guys there are lot of serious websites available out there to give you details about Alepy in authentic and more better way. Then you will wonder what the hell this post all about right ? . Ok wait a sec, let me tell you . I have Lot of personal memories of mine associated with this beautiful place Alpey. I did my engineering there and i got some bunch of good friends from this place. So you know i couldn’t resist myself from sharing this article with you.
Some Quick facts about Alepy :
- Area 1,414 Sq.Km. which constitutes 3.64% of the total state area.
- The population size 21,09,160 persons, ranks the 9th among the districts in population.
1.The Famous Tourism place and house boat Service in Kerala:
- ( Pathiramanal, Karumadikuttan, kumaramkodi, Krishnapuram palace , Alappuzha Beach , Kuttandu )
2.Famous for Chemmen , and all sea food:
- The famous dish ( Only in alappuzha Chettikulangara temple Area ) is Konjum mangayum
3.The famous district For Real Thengin Kallu:
- You know Toddy ? Ok
4.Famous Coir Manufacturing District:
9.Harippad Subrahmanya Swami Temple:
10.Chambakkulam valiya palli church:
11.Best Boating Service in Kerala, house boat and Passenger boat
- ( Alappuzha to Kuttandu, Chenganassery , Edathwa )
12.Many Famous Left political Leaders native place
- LDF vetran Vs Achuthanandhan born in this politically sensible Alepy. And list will go miles if i add more KR Gouri amma, G Sudhakaran etc.
13. Punnapra Vayalar Tragedy happened in Alepy:
- he Punnapra-Vayalar uprising (October, 1946) was a communist uprising in the Princely State of Travancore
14.Famous Hospital Lakeshore :
15.Rare Dance Kuthiyottam is only own Alappuzha District
- The district has a network of rivers,canals and backwaters. Manimala, Pampa and Achancovil are the major Rivers and Vembanad Lake
16.Chengannur mahadevar temple:
17.Karthikappally was once a Buddhist center:
- What made Karthikappally the most unique and important was the proximity of an inland waterway or a Thodu which enabled free flow of traffic and evolved Karthikappally into a Trading center.
10. SNDP head quarters:
21.Karimeen Fry and Curry
- Tasty and fresh karimeen is available here
22.There is one famous Light house for Public
23.Kuriakose Elias Chavara
24. Parumala church:
25.Coir museum Alleppey:
26. Water transport dependent society:
27. Home town of world famous comrade V S Achuthanandan:
28.Punnapra Vayalar uprising:
29. Tamil film “Vinnaithandi varuvaya” fame Church
30.Engineering colleges in Alepy district:
- Yes. Here comes the chance to share my college experience. Yes i completed my engineering from an Engineering college located at this beautiful district in Kerala called Alpey.
31.Ambalapuzzaha Pal Payasam:
34.Buddha (ancient statue) at Mavelikkara:
35. NTPC :
- The Rajiv Gandhi Combined Cycle Power Plant (also known as Rajiv Gandhi CCPP Kayamkulam or NTPC Kayamkulam) is a combined cycle power plant located at Choolatheruvu in Alappuzha district, Kerala, India.
36.Kuttanadan Tharavu and Kareemen:
- Yes it is very special and unique cuisine of Alpey Kuttanadan Tharavu and Kareemen. Don’t miss it if you visit this place.
37.Famous Alepy beach :
38:World famous Nehru trophy boat race:
- Its a fantastic sight to see the racing of snake boats with local rhythm songs. Every years
39: A Kerala district without forest:
- its a really interesting and one of the rarest district in kerala with out a forest.
40:Farming is done below sea level:
- Alpey is famous for cultivating the staple food of keralites Rice and cassava (Tapioca)
41.Film stars from Alpey:
42.Famous cinema theaters:
43.Railway stations in District
- Railway Junction is available – Kayamkulam
- Thottappally is especially notable for Thottappally Spillway, a spillway cum bridge on the National Highway 47 between Alappuzha
Thanks to : Shyam Mavelikkara: