South Indian beauty queen “Silk Smitha” bitten apple has been sold for a whooping amount during an auction in Chennai once. By saying that, anything that is touched or endorsed by a film celebrity has such a market in India . By understanding this many Kerala celebrities invested in hostel business.
Here i am listing hotel ventures by Mollywood celebrities
1.Mango Tree By Dileep in Cochin
- Deelp has proved his mettle in business by producing some challenging movies in Mollywood and he extended his business ventures outside filmwood by opening restaurants in his home town Cochin.
2.Cafe Papaya By Aashiq Abu in Cochin
- Location :Palarivattom, Kochi
- director Aashiq Abu and his close friends. Speaking to ET Magazine, Sandip, an associate of Abu, says the cafe was conceived based on the theme ‘music, movies and mocha’.
Full-time music, a large screen to view documentaries, film trailers, behind-the-screen shots of films and a theme-based library provide the ambiance to the cafe. “More than being just a cafe.have started the cafe because he himself is a foodie,” he adds with a laugh. “But Aashiq did not want it to be an ordinary cafe.”
3.Dhe Puttu By Dileep in Cochin
For a Malayali Break fast food “Puttu”(steam cake) is always a nostalgia . And actor Dileep used this very feeling of Keralaite into a restaurant which server Puttu exclusively . restaurant has already marked its presence in Cochin.
- Dhe puttu restaurant is a joint venture by film stars Dileep and Nandirsha. First outlet of this restaurant started in Cochin and later they started a branch in Calicut as well.
- Location : Cochin and Calicut.
- Owned by: kavya Madhavan, Dileep, Nadirsha.
4.World on a Plate by Siddique
- Siddique has built the outlet close to the Infopark on the airport seaport road in Kochi.
- Siddique, who doesn’t have a background in managing eateries, thought of the joint when he decided to start a business on the plot of land he owned. “We serve a variety of cuisine ranging from continental, Arabic and Chinese to local food. Recently, we were running a jackfruit and mango festival at our restaurant,” he says.
It isn’t just the usual stuff. One can savour tender jackfruit with chicken, beef or prawns. You even have jackfruit biryani. Another variety is mango prawn curry. Siddique says quite a lot of non-resident Indians visit the eatery.
5.The Harbour Market by MohanLal in Bangalore
The restaurant business is not new to Kerala film star Mohanlal. In 2002, he started a restaurant in Dubai. And he has plans of opening restaurants in other cities as well – Kochi, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Delhi and so on.”
- Owned by: MohanLal
- specialties: prawn, squid and lobster are served here.
6.Spice Boat by Prithviraj in Qatar
I visited this restaurant During my stay in Qatar in 2013 and to be frank i really liked the way food is been served in this place. Restaurant is situated in the heart of Doha city.
- Her two sons, also actors in Malayalam films, Prithviraj and Indrajith, are directors at the restaurant.
- Payment Options: Visa,American Express,Mastercard
- Location : Qatar.
7.Thandoor by actor Krishna in Cochin
Actor Krishna is a permanent judge in cookery show telecasting in Kairali tv along with Lakhsmi Nair. This foodie has a beautiful restaurant in Cochin with some good food items.
- A well-known restaurant in Kochi.
- a close relative of the famous Travancore sisters — Lalitha, Padmini and Ragini. The interior of the hotel’s Andhra food section is decorated with scenes of films of the three sisters.
8.Naushad Big Chef by Naushad in Cochin
- has also started a chain of restaurants called Naushad Big Chef that specializes in non-vegetarian recipes. The special bond between film personalities and food has now found expression in notable movies in Malayalam.
9.Waffle Street by Asif Ali in Cochin
- Actor Asif Ali recently started a restaurant in Cochin and part of the celebrity businessman league . Actor Prithviraj is the one who inaugurated this venture .
- Inaugurated on 26th August 2014 by Prithviraj.
- ‘Waffle Street’ is the joint venture of Asif Ali and his friends Mujeeb and Brijeesh. The care will serve different varieties of Donuts and Crepes which are considered to be a popular dish of Europe-North Africa regions.
10.Mamma Mia by Sidhique
I have been to this restaurant to have Sadhya. Even though its bit costly ambiance wise its good.
- Established in 2013.
- Owned by Malayalam movie actor, Sidhique and headed by his son Shaheen.
- Location : Seaport airport road, Kakkand.
11.Kelly’s By Lakshmi Nair
Visited this restaurant many times .
- Recipe for their dishes comes from celebrity chef and anchor Lakshmi Nair who is also the brand ambassador of the restaurant.
- Specials : Chuta choru.
- Location : Seaport airport road, Kakkand.