Yes Calicut is gearing up and matching with other metro cities in India with more Malls and shopping centers. Many have asked me personally , which is the best Malls in Calicut for chilling out and shopping. And here is the answer to all the queries .
1: Focus Mall:
There is lot of emotions associated with this very mall !. Wondering Why ? . Yes this is the first offical Mall in Calicut District, and this
2: R-P Mall (Ravi Pillai Mall)
Veteran Malayalm film director Ranjith inaugurated R P Mall in the presence of Padmasree Dr B Ravi Pillai and Film star Prithviraj.
- Inaugurated and opened: in 2011.
- Owned by: Kollam born Middle east business Man Ravi Pillai.
- Location: Near New bus stand Calicut.
- Contains First Multiplex in Calicut.(PVS film city in second and 3rd Floor. opened 7th April 2012 at RP Mall.).
- The multiplex has six screens(2 theatres with 150 seating capacity 3 theatres with 100 seating capacity one spa theatre with 12 seats (only for group booking)) spread over an area of 25,000 sq.ft has a total capacity of 610 seats..Two theatres will have facilities to screen 3D movies. Associated a mini food court with order facility available.
3: Mall of Joy:
This mall is the first shopping mall venture of famous jewellery makers Alukas group.
- Owned by: Joy Alukkas.
- Location: Old blue diamond theatre,opposite new bus stand Calicut.
Jewellery and silks besides fashion and clothing.Accessories and cosmetics.Watches, footwear, Eyewear and optical, beauty parlour.Restaurant and food courts and a play area for children.
- Two lakh sq feet areas.
- Parking space for at least 200 cars .
4:Hi lite Mall (8 multiplex):
- Owned by: Hi lite group.
- Location: Thondayadu.
- Cinépolis, a Mexican brand, is one of the biggest multiplex chains in the world coming to calicut through hil late to give you entertainment unlimited with 8 screen multi plex.1,20000 sq.ft hypermarket,
- 50000sq.ft department store,
- 35000 sq.ft. gaming zone and indoor fun area.
- Total built-up area of 1,400,000 square feet (130,000 m2)
- 200+ branded retail outlets,
- 8 screen multiplex,
- Food courts,
- Convention/expo hall,
- Parking facility for 3500 cars.
Grand 7 acres
With a built-up area of 13 lakh sq.ft.
3-star hotel, multiplexes, food courts, exclusive entertainment zones, health club and more.
5:Lulu Mall: (Building not yet started,but already announced)
- Owned by: Yus
- Location: Minchandha bypass (Rumours )
6: Gokulam Galleria(3 multiplex):
- Owned by: Gokulam Gopalan and group.
‘Gokulam Galleria’, in Calicut, Kerala. On opening, this mix use development of over 5,00,000 sq. ft will consist of a convention center, a 3 start hotel and a Mall. The project is located on the prime high street of Calicut on Mavoor Road (M.G. Road).
7 :Confident Mall.(Under construction)
8: Hillwood Ebonad: *(under construction )
9: Orbit Mall *(under construction )
10: BIG BAZAR:
largest hyper market chain in India started a branch in Calicut 1 year before.
- Owned by:Future group.
- Location: Mavoor road near baby memorial.
I already got many suggestion and correction mails.I appreciate all who contacted me and let me remind you something ,through your data we could get more refined and fool proof list ..And I invite more suggestion,corrections,queries anything through your comments or you can connect with me personally email@example.com.I am here to consult you 24*7.