Yes its not exaggeration to tell that even in 2016, 80% Kerala marriages are happening between same community people. I have no idea why our people are so rigid even now to marrying some one with in our caste only. Ok lets discuss about that subject some other time. Well here in this article, i am listing few Hindu marriages in Mollwyood that happened between different caste people.
1. Paravthy and Jayaram
- Jayaram born to a Palakkad Brahmin family and Parvathy born in a Nair family. And caste was the very obvious reason they faced objections from their families.
- Later it got sorted out and love won over the Caste.LOL
2.Jyothirmayi and Amal Neerad
There isn’t much objection faced by this couples to tie knot. This is second marriage of Jyothi after an unsuccessful first marriage. Jyothi attracted the critics comments on doing an item dance in Amal’s Mohan Lal Movie “Sagar Alias Jacky”. During the set they became more close and later that friendship turned into marriage.
- Amal belongs to a Ezhava family and Jyothi belongs to Nair family
3.Jagathy and Malika
- Jagathy from Acharya Hindu caste married Nair Malika very controversially at the very early age. Later they divorced . Jagathy later in interviews pointed as caste the main reason for divorce.
4. IV Sasi And Seema :
- Seema was born as only child to Chennai settled Malayali parents, Madhavan Nambiar and Vasanthy, at Purasawalkam, Chennai. Sasi born to a Calicut based Thiyya family.
5. Manoj K Jayan and Urvasi:
- Manoj born in a Kottyam based Ezahava family and Urvasi born in a Trivandrum based . But caste wasn’t an issue for them to tie the knot. Later they divorced due to some personal issues.
6.M Renjith and Chippy
- Trivandrum based Mollywood director cum producer married Chippy. Renjith born in a Nair family and Chippy born in a Ezhava family.
I Hope this article would inspire people to love each other and tie knot with some one whom we have that feeling. Rather than going behind orthodox caste based arranged marriages.