BEFORE LEAP READ THIS BRIEF :
- I have no connection with any of the listed company or sponsors what so ever.
- Data is purely based on my manual web harvesting.
MUST READ SIMILAR POSTS:
- 31 FAMOUS FRENCH PRODUCTS/BRANDS.
- 26 FAMOUS JAPAN PRODUCTS/BRANDS.
- 30 FAMOUS GERMAN PRODUCTS/BRANDS.
Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity.–Marshall McLuhan
1:BlackBerry Limited :
It was Formerly known as Research In Motion Limited (RIM), It is a Canadian telecommunication and wireless equipment company best known for its black berry phones and BBM facility.
- Founded: 1984.
- Founder:Mike Lazaridis.
- Introduced revolutionary instant message application BBM(BLACK BERRY MESSAGING)
2: Justin Beiber:
Teen sensation Justin Born in Canada.Later for Better professional growth and global reach he shifted to USA.
- Born on: March 1, 1994, in London, Ontario, at St Joseph’s Hospital.
- Raised in: Stratford, Ontario.
- Bieber’s mother is French Canadian.
- He has stated that he believes that he has some undetermined Aboriginal Canadian ancestry.
3: Java programming language :
- Worlds most useful computer programming till now.
- Software developer James Gosling from Calgary, Canada designed the original Java language in 1991.
- Java wasn’t originally intended to be a computer programming language. Instead, it was meant to enable an “interactive” form of television. Only problem: this was the 1980’s, Cable Companies couldn’t handle that kind of technology.
4:Red Rose tea :
- Red Rose Tea is a beverage company.
- Established by: Theodore Harding Estabrooks.
- Slogan: “Red Rose Tea is Good Tea”.
5: SNV Lavlin:(Surveyer, Nenniger & Chenevert Consulting Engineers )
- Largest engineering and construction company in Canada.
- It is among the top five Global Design firms in the world.
- It was formed in 1911 as (SNC).
- In 1991 the company merged with Lavalin, another Québec-based engineering firm.
- Key people: Gwyn Morgan (Chairman),Robert G. Card (CEO)
6:ATI Technologies :
- ATI Technologies Inc. was a semiconductor technology corporation.
- Specialized in the development of graphics processing units and chipsets.
- Founded 1985 as Array Technologies Inc.
- Defunct 2006 (acquisition completed).
- Key people :Adrian Hartog,(President),Rick Bergman,(Vice President) (General Manager)
- Launched in :February 2004 by Ludicorp.
- Founded by: Stewart Butterfield and Caterina.
- Yahoo acquired Ludicorp and Flickr in March 2005.
- All content was migrated from servers in Canada to servers in the United States, and all resulting data become subject to United States federal law.
- James Naismith came up with this sport back in 1891.
- He was a Physical Education instructor at a YMCA, and was trying to find a way to keep students active during rainy days. It was a tricky task – the sport had to be gentle enough to be safe in a hard-floored and walled off area, while being as intensive as outdoor sports like Rugby.
9:Canadian Tire :
Canadian Tire Corporation, Ltd is a Canadian retail company.
- Founded :1922.
- Key people: Alfred J. Billes (co-founder),J. William Billes (co-founder),Stephen G. Wetmore (President and CEO).
10:IMAX Corporation :
- Founded: 1968.
- Founder:Graeme Ferguson,Roman Kroitor,Robert P. Kerr,William Shaw.
Shopify is an e-commerce platform that enables individuals and businesses to create online stores
- Founded in: 2004.
- Founded by :Tobias Lütke, Daniel Weinand, and Scott Lake.
- Born: Pamela Denise Anderson,1 July 1967 ,Ladysmith, British Columbia, Canada
- She maintains dual Canadian and American citizenship
13: Bell Canada:
- Founded :1880.
- Founder: Charles Fleetford Sise
- Bell Canada (commonly referred to as Bell) is a Canadian telecommunications and media company headquartered in Montreal, Quebec
- Born :5 November 1959 (age 54),Kingston, Ontario, Canada.
- His parents who had immigrated from England in the 1950s.
- Adams’s father joined the Canadian Army, followed by a stint with the United Nations as a peacekeeping observer, and finally as a Canadian diplomat.
15: Avril Lavigne :
- Born 27 September 1984.
- Canadian singer-songwriter.
- She also holds French citizenship.
- She was born in Belleville, Ontario
- Mobify is a mobile technology platform that converts existing websites and e-commerce websites into a version optimized for mobile phones and tablet computers.
- Mobify was co-founded in 2007 by Igor Faletski, John Boxall and Peter McLachlan
17: Sunny Leon :
- Canadian Indian.
- Famous soft porn actor .
- Works at Bollywood now.
18:Russel petters :
- Canadian Indian.
- Stand up comedian
19: Jos Louis:
- Jos. Louis is a plastic-wrapped confection consisting of two red velvet cake rounds with a cream filling within a milk chocolate shell.
- Vachon bakery began operations in Sainte-Marie-de-Beauce, Quebec,
- in 1923
- Today, Jos Louis has been the most popular snack cake in Canada for more than 75 years,
- Best enjoyed with a Pepsi.
20:Music Synthesizer :
- Invented by:Hugh LeCaine.
21: Super man :
- Joseph “Joe” Shuster (July 10, 1914 – July 30, 1992) was a Canadian-American comic book artist. He was best known for co-creating the DC Comics character Superman, with writer Jerry Siegel,
22: Canada Goose :
- Founded :1957.
- Founder(s): Sam Tick.
- Their jackets are literally worn while scaling Mount Everest, and have been keeping Canadians toasty for over 50 years.
- All production is retained within Canada to ensure quality, and a recent collaboration with Drake grabbed the attention of anyone who wasn’t already aware.
- Dennis Quaid wore one in The Day After Tomorrow! Argument over.
- Founded: Florenceville, New Brunswick, Canada (1957).
- Key people :Allison D. McCain – Chairman,Dirk Van de Put – President & CEO of McCain Foods Limited,Darryl Rowe – President & CEO of McCain Foods (Canada)
- Founded :Valcourt, Quebec (29 January 1942).
- Founder: Joseph-Armand Bombardier.
Canadian bus manufactures.
- Founded: 1993.
- Key people: Jean-Pierre Baracat-President and CEO of Nova Bus
26:World’s largest indoor amusement park:
- The West Edmonton Mall in Edmonton, Alberta, was once the world’s largest shopping mall. It now ranks fifth, but it still contains the world’s largest indoor amusement park.
- Worlds largest bitumen producer.
28: Leslie Nielsen:
- Canadian Actor and his brother Erik was the Deputy Prime Minister of Canada for two years, from 1984 to 1986.
- Leslie William Nielsen, OC (11 February 1926 – 28 November 2010) was a Canadian-American actor and comedian. Nielsen appeared in more than one hundred films and 150 television programs over the span of his career, portraying more than 220 characters
Pizza Pizza Limited is a franchised Canadian pizza fast-food restaurant.
- Founded :1967.
- Founder:Michael Overs.
30:Jim Carrey :
- Bio:Hollywood actor and comedian.
- Born on :January 17, 1962, in Newmarket, Ontario, Canada.
- He was extremely poor. He had to move around a lot because they could not pay their mortgage. Eventually, they moved back to their home town.
31: Maple syrup :
- A syrup usually made from the xylem sap of sugar maple, red maple, or black maple trees, although it can also be made from other maple species.
- The Canadian province of Quebec is by far the largest producer, responsible for about three-quarters of the world’s output.
- Invented by: Frederick Banting
- Before Insulin came along, if you had diabetes you awaited an almost certain death.
- He discovered Insulin while reading about the effects that a dog’s pancreas had on it’s digestive system. He came up with some ideas, and headed to Toronto. Armed for the summer with 2 lab assistants and 10 test dogs, he discovered Insulin – winning him the Nobel Prize.
- Banting and his colleagues received the Nobel Prize in medicine.
- Doctor Abraham Gesner from Nova Scotia developed and patented a process for manufacturing kerosene
- In :1846.
- It was the beginning of lighting our way out of the darkness into a completely new realm of inventions to come.
34: News Print:
- Charles Fenerty of Halifax made the first paper from wood pulp in 1838.
- He worked at a paper mill to maintain a supply of rags to make paper. It was there that he discovered how to turn wood pulp into paper.
- He neglected to patent his own invention. Still, without his invention we would not have had newspapers from around the world in print.
35: WALKIE-TALKIES :
- INVENTED BY: DONALD L. HINGS AND ALFRED J. GROSS IN
- Founded :1942.
36:Prosthetic hand :
- INVENTED BY: HELMUT LUCAS.
- IN :1971.
38:. THE GARBAGE BAG :
- INVENTED BY :HARRY WASYLYK
- IN :1950.
39:THE PAINT ROLLER :
- The basic device was invented in 1940 by the Canadian Norman Breakey (born 1891- died aft. 1940).
- Breakey was never able to produce his invention in large enough numbers to profit from it before others made small changes to the paint roller’s design and were able to market it as their own invention.
40: THE WONDERBRA –
- Moses (Moe) Nadler, founder of the Canadian Lady Corset Company, licensed the trademark for the Canadian market in 1939.
- By the 1960s the Canadian Lady brand had become known in Canada as “Wonderbra, the company.”
- In 1961 the company introduced the Model 1300 plunge push-up bra. This bra became one of the best-selling Canadian styles and is virtually identical to today’s Wonderbra.
41:PEANUT BUTTER :
- FIRST PATENTED BY MARCELLUS GILMORE EDSON
- IN: 1884.