- There are many special and interesting things about My birth place Kerala to be discussed. Here I am trying to list out few facts which are less known and not discussed.
1. Asia’s Largest Youth Art Festival Held in Kerala every year
- School Arts Festival of Kerala (Malayalam: കേരള സ്കൂൾ കലോത്സവം) is an annual event conducted by the state government of Kerala, featuring several art competitions for high school and higher secondary school students of Kerala. The festival was started in 1956, and till 2008, it was called as “Kerala State School Youth Festival”. The participants are students from classes 8th to 12th. Winners from different revenue districts for a particular event will be competing in state level competition. The event is usually conducted in December–January months of a year.
2.Largest Christian populated State in India
- Kerala is one of the top 5 largest Christians populated states in India. Christian community contributed in all walks of Kerala life and they are primary reason for educational Reformation in Kerala and it further helped to reach 100% literacy
3.First Technology Park in India
- Trivandrum(Capital city of Kerala) Techno park is the largest and first Techno park in India. Even though its geographical situated away from downtown trivandrum. There are many multinational companies in trivandrum,
4.First Public Elected Communist Government in the world.
- Kerala has the first publicly elected communist government in the world.
5.Musican AR Rahmans first film score is a malayalam
- World renowned Oscar wining music directors first movie is in Malaylam ” YODHA starring Mohanlal in 1992
6.First 3D film in India is a Kerala movie
- “My dear Kutichathan” produced in Kerala, was the first 3D film in India. Film was produced Apachan and it gave inspiration to many other movies in Indian cinema later to produce in 3d.
7. India’s Metro man Sreedharan is a Keralaite
- Metro Man Sreedharan who build Delhi Metro is from Kerala. Now he is busy designing Cochin Metro and Calicut Light Metro.
8.Highest unemployment rate In India
- Kerala has the highest unemployment ratio in India. Gulf and torusim is the only source of income . Highly educated Kerala people are flowing other places in search of job and recent IT growth is showing a good sign .
9.Highest number of Suicide cases in India
- Its quite strange to belive that a state with 100% literacy also has largest number of suicide reports
10.Kerala State has the Highest Media Exposure in India
- The National Family Health Survey – 3, conducted in 2007, ranked Kerala as a state with highest media exposure in India.